Charles Best Photography Ltd
This will explain how I collect, use, disclose, transfer, process and store information about you. My processing of personal data is, as far as I know, in accordance with the GDPR, but I’m a photographer not a lawyer…
Personal Data - Definition, Collect and Use
Personal data is all information that relates directly or indirectly to an identifiable individual person. I may collect personal data about you in the following situations:
- When you enquire about hiring me as a photographer or express an interest in my work or services
- When you hire me as a photographer
- When I photograph you as an individual or as part of a team
In any of these situations I may keep a record of your image and the date and time of its capture, your name, your email address, your business address and your phone numbers.
How I use your personal data
The personal data I collect may be used to:
- Fulfil the contractual obligations of the photographic brief, whether commissioned by you, your business or by a third party, for example a design or advertising agency.
- Keep you up to date with news and examples of recent work.
- Promote my business via my website and other marketing material - in these instances, I would seek your express permission first before using any images of you
- Fulfill any obligations I have according to law, for example accounting and tax regulations.
Protection of personal data
I take reasonable precautions including administrative, technical, and physical measures — to safeguard your personal data against loss, theft, misuse, as well as against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
I am obligated to, upon your request, confirm whether or not personal data regarding you is being processed as well as give you access to information regarding the processing. You also have the right to receive personal data that has been provided by you to me in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, for example to be able to transmit the data to another data controller. I am obligated to meet a request from you regarding these rights within a one-month period. I will retain your personal data for a period of, but not limited to, five years from your last contact with me.
If you experience an infringement of your rights according to the GDPR, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority of your country of residence, but I’d rather you just emailed me first……
I can be contacted at: firstname.lastname@example.org